HomeXeonscapeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zman



Posts : 24
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-18

PostSubject: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:55 pm

I have found yet another dupe. Well, I would exactly say I found it, Ive known about it ever since dodian because I duped full skele, a whip and like 5 glorys with it. However, I forgot about it up until this point.

I am not only posting the dupe fix yet a lists of things that MUST be done on the server. Server is still full of shit that needs to be fixed in order to make it run smoothly.
I will start with the list of things that must be completed. One being a dupe fix:

  • God armours (sara, zammy, guthix) must be given higher stats than rune (g)
  • Dad needs to drop big bones 100%
  • Ice queen must drop 50 bloods 100%
  • Mods Must be able to enable and disable trade/duel. (This is part 1 of the only way to fix the dupe mentioned above)
  • Mods must be able to use ::update or be given another command that can reset the server. (This is Part 2 or the only way to fix the dupe mentioned above.)
  • Mods and admins need to have the ability to unban and unmute a player using a command in game.
  • Mods should not under any circumstance be able to Ip ban any player what so ever. This is the decision of an administrator.


More about the Dupe

One good thing about this dupe is that it can only be done while the server is being nulled, is very laggy, or in an unstable state where players often lose connection. When losing connection it often causes rollback allowing for players to easily dupe items by abusing rollbacks. I forgot about this dupe because its not guaranteed to work so I hardly used it. I duped a yellow partyhat on exorth using this method. (completely by mistake)

This cannot be fixed. All servers will have this bug. The only way to prevent it is increasing stability on the server (MySQL) and other techniques. An easy way to prevent this is by doing part 1 and part 2 of the fixes mentioned above. This way when the server becomes laggy mods can disable trade and duel to prevent and dupes from rollbacks. With them able the restart the server would completely aviod the issue.

GET THIS SHIT DONE NOW! NOT TOMORROW!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lunar
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 264
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2010-10-05
Age : 21
Location : Ridin' The Stars

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 pm

THIS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crysis
Active Member
avatar

Posts : 152
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2010-10-13
Age : 24
Location : Right behind you!

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:59 pm

Ya basically any trades or duels done while the server is in a laggy state or nulling will most likely dupe items.. and we need an autorestarter above all things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hax
Active Member
avatar

Posts : 393
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 20
Location : Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Zman wrote:
I have found yet another dupe. Well, I would exactly say I found it, Ive known about it ever since dodian because I duped full skele, a whip and like 5 glorys with it. However, I forgot about it up until this point.

I am not only posting the dupe fix yet a lists of things that MUST be done on the server. Server is still full of shit that needs to be fixed in order to make it run smoothly.
I will start with the list of things that must be completed. One being a dupe fix:

  • God armours (sara, zammy, guthix) must be given higher stats than rune (g)
  • Dad needs to drop big bones 100%
  • Ice queen must drop 50 bloods 100%
  • Mods Must be able to enable and disable trade/duel. (This is part 1 of the only way to fix the dupe mentioned above)
  • Mods must be able to use ::update or be given another command that can reset the server. (This is Part 2 or the only way to fix the dupe mentioned above.)
  • Mods and admins need to have the ability to unban and unmute a player using a command in game.
  • Mods should not under any circumstance be able to Ip ban any player what so ever. This is the decision of an administrator.


More about the Dupe

One good thing about this dupe is that it can only be done while the server is being nulled, is very laggy, or in an unstable state where players often lose connection. When losing connection it often causes rollback allowing for players to easily dupe items by abusing rollbacks. I forgot about this dupe because its not guaranteed to work so I hardly used it. I duped a yellow partyhat on exorth using this method. (completely by mistake)

This cannot be fixed. All servers will have this bug. The only way to prevent it is increasing stability on the server (MySQL) and other techniques. An easy way to prevent this is by doing part 1 and part 2 of the fixes mentioned above. This way when the server becomes laggy mods can disable trade and duel to prevent and dupes from rollbacks. With them able the restart the server would completely aviod the issue.

GET THIS SHIT DONE NOW! NOT TOMORROW!



God armor should have the same def than rune (g).

Ice queen does drop blood runes.

Mods should not be able to unban and unmute, only admins should , server should just have more admins, i recomannd Lunar and Riot to admin.

It would be bad if mods cudn't ip ban , syipkers would just crash guardian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.neti.ee
Soul rights



Posts : 10
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:57 pm

This should be fixed as soon as possible!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zman



Posts : 24
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Soul rights wrote:
This should be fixed as soon as possible!

Your a fucking idiot. Don't ever talk to me again for this post.

The mod permissions I suggested are the same as dodian. If Thomas promotes another fucking admin I'll slit his throat and stuff it with saw dust. Your fucked if you honestly think we need 3 admins and 2 owners on a server with 9 player. GTFO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hax
Active Member
avatar

Posts : 393
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 20
Location : Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Zman wrote:
Soul rights wrote:
This should be fixed as soon as possible!

Your a fucking idiot. Don't ever talk to me again for this post.

The mod permissions I suggested are the same as dodian. If Thomas promotes another fucking admin I'll slit his throat and stuff it with saw dust. Your fucked if you honestly think we need 3 admins and 2 owners on a server with 9 player. GTFO.





I know ur right , but calm down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.neti.ee
Iamgod
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 240
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 22
Location : Estonia, Kuressaare

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:42 pm

zman is right thomas shud start demoting
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://FamilyVastaneLiit.forum.co.ee
Hax
Active Member
avatar

Posts : 393
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 20
Location : Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:36 am

iamgod wrote:
zman is right thomas shud start demoting

Or advertising.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.neti.ee
Zman



Posts : 24
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:01 am

muffin wrote:
Zman wrote:
Soul rights wrote:
This should be fixed as soon as possible!

Your a fucking idiot. Don't ever talk to me again for this post.

The mod permissions I suggested are the same as dodian. If Thomas promotes another fucking admin I'll slit his throat and stuff it with saw dust. Your fucked if you honestly think we need 3 admins and 2 owners on a server with 9 player. GTFO.





I know ur right , but calm down.

Sorry man, I tend to flame the shit out of people when I want to prove a point. Got nothing against you, its just the way I am. lol Hope you didn't take it too personally. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hax
Active Member
avatar

Posts : 393
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 20
Location : Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:54 am

Zman wrote:
muffin wrote:
Zman wrote:
Soul rights wrote:
This should be fixed as soon as possible!

Your a fucking idiot. Don't ever talk to me again for this post.

The mod permissions I suggested are the same as dodian. If Thomas promotes another fucking admin I'll slit his throat and stuff it with saw dust. Your fucked if you honestly think we need 3 admins and 2 owners on a server with 9 player. GTFO.





I know ur right , but calm down.

Sorry man, I tend to flame the shit out of people when I want to prove a point. Got nothing against you, its just the way I am. lol Hope you didn't take it too personally. Razz

I'm not Soul Right , so i didnt take it personally Razz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.neti.ee
Michael

avatar

Posts : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-10-31
Age : 23
Location : The Netherlands, Amsterdam

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:12 pm

I think this is a very good idea, there are still a lot of other bugs, but these are very important I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iamgod
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 240
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 22
Location : Estonia, Kuressaare

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:05 pm

Michael wrote:
I think this is a very good idea, there are still a lot of other bugs, but these are very important I think.


U iz thinking right
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://FamilyVastaneLiit.forum.co.ee
Hax
Active Member
avatar

Posts : 393
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2010-10-09
Age : 20
Location : Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:18 pm

iamgod wrote:
Michael wrote:
I think this is a very good idea, there are still a lot of other bugs, but these are very important I think.


U iz thinking right

U iz thinking left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.neti.ee
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.   

Back to top Go down
 
Another dupe............ and tons of bugs.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Dupe recipe question
» Jewel Dupe?
» Digibugs! Digital Bugs! Digital Bugs are the champions!
» Minii's Slayer Log
» BEST AMUSING BUG EVER

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Server :: Bug reports-
Jump to: